Monday, February 25, 2008

I miss my Camera!

Ho humm, I really do miss my camera.. I'm actually blaming the petty, selfish theives who stole it from my van for my lack of blogging! Somehow, a picture of Tannis riding the Chair Lift back down Castle mountain (because she forgot to get off), or a picture of me bleeding out as Jamie was practising IV's on me at the firehall, would be much more fun, than just plain words! Boo Hoo, I know, I really should still be writing, but there are a million circumstances that you've just got to see to believe. Crazy stuff happens around here. I believe I live in a zoo. Not that I don't love my zoo!
This afternoon, Ben was reaching for a "Sunny D", I said to him, "Ben, please check your backpack and finish the one that we sent to school with you for snack time." Ben said " I drank alot, are you checking,.... don't check" (little liar :-) Taking this opportunity for a teachable moment I told him that Jesus could see what we did all the time, he loved us and he didn't want us to lie. He, in turn looked at me with a twinkle in his eye and said "Is he peeking in my backpack???" Awww, sometimes I just want to freeze frame the moments. So, generally what I'm saying is that life is going as usual here. Our
quest for health is going well, I have been a dilligent gymite for 2 1/2 months now, and am down about 13 lbs, and back running again! It feels so good! I'm up to six miles a day, I'm just waiting for the perfect race to finally take the plunge and run with some others, maybe I see a 1/2 marathon in my future... MAYBE! I'm just starting to add some weight training to that and my body doth protest.... LOUDLY, but you know what they say.. no pain no gain... idiots! Jamie and I are taking walks on a more regular basis, he often refers to them as the "walk to skinny" or "journey for lives", at least he has a sense of humor to go with that hot body:-) The girls are trying really hard to eat healthy and try new stuff... like fish, smoothie building, brown rice and a few new fruits and cleverly disguised vegetables. The boys... well, I believe that they believe that they need junk food for survival.. we still cave... alot! The great part about life in this part of the country is the variable weather conditions. If one were to go outside today he would think to himself... "what an amazing spring day!" ... at least a month early!! This morning we had snow... now it's beautiful.. aside from being a bit confused, we are loving it... I'm pretty sure a run outdoors is in order, seems silly to hop on that old treadmill on a day like today when the sun is shining like... well, like my flylady sink! I suppose I should get my little fingers off the computer, I've been feeling alot of mother-guilt lately for not spending more quality time with the kids and currently ben is manipulating his toes with a log pincher from the fireplace set and begging me to "see if we have all the stuff for play-dough", I on the other hand am sitting with a blank stare, considering making supper and sipping a cup of tepid coffee... hmmm... time to burst into action I'd say... off to playdough and dinnerville! C U Soon! Hopefully I have something more exciting to add, or maybe even insightfull --- hey, what about some pictures! (tee hee!) Hopefully soon!:-) Cheers!

1 comment:

KJo said...

Hi Bon!
It super-sucks that ur camera is not in ur hands! Hopefully...some lucky pawn shop family is having a good ol time taking pictures. :p
See u soon...
love u :)