Friday, October 26, 2007

The Big Dunk!

My all time favorite baptism story is this:
A young friend of our family went home the Sunday after Jamie was baptised and was having a discussion about the morning's service with her mom, who had not attended. Her mother asked her how the service was, and if anything memorable had happened. To this her daughter promptly replied : "Well mom, it was really weird. Jamie got up and said some stuff, and I think he must've said something wrong because after he was done, they stuck his head under the water!" When we heard this story we began laughing, and I don't think we've stopped yet, it was hilarious! Nevertheless, on a more serious note I am sooooo excited that Carol is getting baptised! I find it absolutely fantastic to see the way that God is working in her life! She is a woman of incredible strength and I am extremely proud of her for all that she has come through and the amazing woman she is! So, I found this poem for her, and I thought I'd share it all around!
It takes a lot of courage
To be baptized in His name
To die to the old self
And be forever changed
May God bless your life
For stepping out for Him
Proclaiming unto others
The faith you have within.
© By M.S.Lowndes
Carol - I love you and I'm proud of you! I know it won't be easy always, and sometimes life in general seems like God is completely absent, but he promises that he will never leave us or forsake us, and I'll stop now lest I begin to sound trite. I think baptism is important for Christians because it is a public confession of what we believe and a visible step of obedience to God, proclaiming that you intend to die to all of your old self and sinful nature, and try - try - and try again to follow him. Good Luck and God Bless you and Gladys on Sunday. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I really wish I could be there!

No comments: