So, the one thing I didn't expect from this weekend was the "eyes". Everywhere we went, and everyone that we met was wonderful. Let me just get that out of the way, and say that really we had a fantastic time. Nevertheless, I couldn't get it out of my mind that everywhere we went, people were curious. Who was I? How had I turned out? How did I measure up? Did I bear any family resemblance? I too was looking at them and wondering some of the same things, and when I wasn't wondering about them, I was wondering what they were wondering about me:-) That part was emotionally draining and has caused me to do some heavy duty thinking about who I am, where I have come from, and what I want people to see when they see me and my family. Therefore in true Bonnie fashion I have devised a list. This is not a complete list, but it is a beginning.... So, for this Tuesday, that is all I have to say about that. Feel free to hold me accountable when my actions don't measure up to my goals, but go easy on me... I don't take criticism well:-)
Who I want to Be: part one - the first 5 off the top of my head.
1. Godly - I want to teach my kids to put others first and love God and others above all else. whew... that's a big one.
2. Priorities - I want my family to know that they are my priority.
3. Time conscious - clearly, this is not my strength, here i sit blogging when I should be snuggling, so... moving on....
4. A good friend! One who listens, and cares!
5. Healthy. I want to be the kind of person who grabs an apple, I want to teach my kids to love the good food God gave us and to take care of their bodies. Therefore, tonite, I made salmon... first time for everything... it was actually pretty good, healthy even....
So... Off to make bedtime snuggles a priority..... Sleep Tight!!
WAIT... FUNNY albeit gross story first!
The scene... B on a ride all by himself at Calaway!!! What a big boy ... we're so proud!!! The ride is finished and B is dismounting and.... wait for it.... chewing?!?x?! I rush towards him pandering him with questions.. "What are you eating?What are you eating?What are you eating?What are you eating?" to which he patiently responds.... "a cracker"! Seriously, can you get anymore gross than that??? So, to random kid who lost his cracker on the boat.... we found it :-)